macOS Monterey Release Candidate is now available for Developers.
- NEW MacBook Pro 14″ & 16″!!!
- 12.0.1 RC is now available as a delta update & M1 IPSW restore file
- 12.0.1 Public Beta is Live!!!
- UPDATE: Full Installer WILL NOT BE RELEASED 😡
- 2 New Wallpapers! – Chroma Red & Chroma Blue
- New Monterey Screensaver added!
- Universal Control = UPDATE: Apple says “Later this Fall” for Universal Control
- Safari Changes – Moved “Show color in tab bar” to Advanced & website tabs are back.
- NEW BOARD ID’s = MBPro 14″ – J314s & J314c MBPro 16″ – J316s & J316c
- Benchmarks for M1 Pro & Max are starting to appear in geekbench. Single-Core Score = 1783 & Multi-Core = 12693. Comparison 2020 M1 Mac Mini = 1756 Single & 7727 Multi-Core
Full list of Apple Beta releases.
- iOS 15.1 RC (19B74)
- iPadOS 15.1 RC (19B74)
- watchOS 8.1 RC (19R570)
- tvOS 15.1 RC (19J572)
- audioOS 15.1 RC (19J572)
- Monterey 12.0.1 RC (21A558)
- Catalina Security RC 2021-007 (19H1519)
- Big Sur 11.6.1 RC (20G221)
macOS Monterey Beta Patch Notes Summary
- 1. Enterprise – 0
- 2. New Features – 0
- 3. Known Issues – 0
- 4. Resolved Issues – 8
- 5. Deprecations – 0
- 6. Undocumented Fixes – 2
- 7. Undocumented New Features – 2
Table of Contents
- 1. Apple Links
- 2. Mr. Macintosh articles of interest for Apple Silicon & macOS Monterey
- 3. Undocumented macOS Monterey Beta Update changes & fixes
- 4. Monterey Release History
- 5. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
- 6. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
- 7. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
- 8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
- 9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
- 10. Safari Update
- 11. What’s new for enterprise in macOS Monterey
- 12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
- 13. macOS Monterey Release Notes / Patch Notes / Changes
Click “Continue Reading” for the rest of the article.
1. Apple Links
AppleSeed Notes Link = appleseed.apple.com/
Developer Public Link = developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes
macOS Deployment References Changes – https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-macos/document-revision-history-apd04dff7069/web
2. Articles of interest & info related to macOS Monterey Beta
- 1. SharePlay has been delayed until after public launch.
3. Undocumented macOS Monterey changes & fixes
4. Monterey Beta Release History
5. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
I list all the the Beta versions of the macOS Monterey Full installer in the link below. The full installer is usually released alongside the Public Beta. The public beta is usually released a day or 2 after the developer update.
NOTE: Apple is only keeping the current version of the Monterey Beta Full installer available. When a new one is released, the previous version is pulled.
- 11. Monterey 12.0.1 RC = N/A
- 10. Monterey Beta 10 = 10/14/21
- 9. Monterey Beta 9 = 10/12/21
- 8. Monterey Beta 8 = 9/29/21
- 7. Monterey Beta 7 = 9/22/21
- 6. Monterey Beta 6 = 8/31/21
- 5. Monterey Beta 5 = 8/10/21
- 4. Monterey Beta 4 = 7/27/21
- 3. Monterey Beta 3 = 7/14/21
- 2. Monterey Beta 2 = 6/29/21
- 1. Monterey Beta 1 = 6/15/21
InstallAssistant.pkg = Full download. Installing this package will add the full “Install macOS Monterey.app” to your applications folder.
6. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
Apple has released the full IPSW restore file of macOS Monterey Beta for Apple Silicon Macs. I keep track of all of them in my Apple Silicon Firmware Database
- 11. macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC = UniversalMac_12.0_21A558_Restore.ipsw
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5552a_Restore.ipsw
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5543b_Restore.ipsw
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5534d_Restore.ipsw
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5522h_Restore.ipsw
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5506j_Restore.ipsw
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5304g_Restore.ipsw
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5294g_Restore.ipsw
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5284e_Restore.ipsw
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5268h_Restore.ipsw
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = Not released
7. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
Monterey Delta Update
This is the update is for updating from Beta 10 > RC
1. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 10 = 1.6 GB
2. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 9 = 2.0 GB
3. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 8 = 2.1 GB
Thank you DhinakG
Monterey Combo Update
The “Combo Update” has been replaced by an automatic sized update. This means if you are updating from an older beta (example Beta 2) you will get an update that includes only what you need.
Monterey Full Update
This is update is for if your volume is having issues or is not sealed.
Size = 11.0GB
8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
This update has a new firmware update. The version number is reported in System Information under “System Firmware Version“
Apple Silicon M1 Firmware – NOT UPDATED = 7429.41.4
Previous M1 Apple Silicon Firmware Updates
- 11. macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC = 7429.41.4
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 7429.41.4
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 74188.8.131.52.5
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 74184.108.40.206.1
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = 7429.40.68
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = 7429.40.38
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = 74220.127.116.11.4
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = 7418.104.22.168.1
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = 7422.214.171.124.1
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = 74126.96.36.199.1
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = 74188.8.131.52.3
9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
The Version of BridgeOS for your T2 Security Chip (2018-2020 Intel Macs) was updated.
BridgeOS version – Update = 19.16.10548.0.0
Previous T2 Bridge Updates
- 11. macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC = 19.16.10548.0.0
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 19.16.10547.5.1
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 19.16.10542.5.1
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 19.16.10534.5.4
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = 19.16.10522.5.4
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = 19.16.10506.5.1
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = 19.16.10321.5.5
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = 19.16.10310.5.5
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = 19.16.10300.5.4
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = 19.16.10284.5.7
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = 19.16.10264.5.14
10. Safari Update
The new version of Safar 15 is included in the macOS Monterey Beta update.
Safari – Update = 15.1 (176184.108.40.206.20)
- 11. macOS Monterey 12.0.1 RC = 15.1 (176220.127.116.11.20)
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 15.1 (17618.104.22.168.6)
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 15.1 (17622.214.171.124.1)
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 15.1 = (176126.96.36.199.1)
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = Safari 15.0 (176188.8.131.52.2)
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = Safari 15.0 (176184.108.40.206)
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = Safari 15.0 (176220.127.116.11.3)
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = Safari 15.0 (17618.104.22.168.4)
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = Safari 15.0 = (17622.214.171.124.4)
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = Safari 15.0 (176126.96.36.199.3)
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = Safari 15.0 (176188.8.131.52.14)
11. What’s new for Enterprise in macOS Monterey Beta
Enterprise changes in macOS Monterey Beta
12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey Security Document
13. macOS Monterey Beta Release Notes
NOTE! I remove all the release note parts that do NOT pertain to 12 RC.
This will help you see only the new changes each update.
The macOS 12 SDK provides support to develop apps for Mac computers running macOS Monterey 12. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 13 beta 5, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13, see Xcode 13 Release Notes.
- There might be issues with wakeup when dual monitors are connected. (79839446)Workaround: Connect the power adapter that came with the Mac.
NSExpressionimmediately forbids certain operations that have significant side effects, like creating and destroying objects. Additionally, casting string class names into Class objects with
NSConstantis deprecated. (84017178)Workaround: Pass temporary objects to
NSExpressionin the context parameter of
expression, or with
Value With Object: context:
evaluate. You can create a derived predicate with all the substitution variables replaced (bound), using
With Object: substitution Variables:
withon an existing
NSPredicateso that code using the object can continue to use a simple
evaluate(with object: Any?)invocation.
- Legacy Contacts has been removed from macOS Monterey 12 beta 5 and will return in a future release. (81292890)
- Custom Email Domain addresses that are associated with a separate iTunes account can’t be configured. (82358431)
- Rounded building corners might disappear. (80468151)
- Support for cleartext HTTP URL schemes for Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) is now deprecated. Use only HTTPS URL schemes for PAC. This affects all PAC configurations, including, but not limited to, configurations set via Settings, System Preferences, profiles, and
URLSessionAPIs such as
CFNetwork. If you configure a cleartext HTTP PAC URL, the system may upgrade it to HTTPS during PAC file loads. Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) Protocol via DNS isn’t affected. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Option 252 WPAD may attempt to upgrade cleartext HTTP URLs to HTTPS during PAC file loads. (61981845)
Execute Proxy Auto Configuration URL(_: _: _: _:)
- If an app uses Python 2.7, macOS now triggers an alert indicating that the developer must update the app to ensure it will work in future versions of macOS. (80221011)
- SharePlay development in macOS Monterey beta 6 and upcoming beta releases requires the installation of an updated SharePlay Development Profile. This profile enables successful creation and reception of GroupSessions via the Group Activities API in iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and tvOS 15 beta 7, as well as macOS Monterey beta 6. (81900143)
- Applications linking to RealityKit with the iOS 15 or macOS 12 SDKs will fail to launch on a previous OS. (79584511)Workaround: Add
OTHERto your Xcode Project settings to allow running RealityKit apps on an older OS.
_LD _FLAGS = -weak _framework Reality Foundation
controlis deprecated. Use the new
Function) shortcut modifier is deprecated and reserved for system usage. (78627099)
Monterey 12.0.1 RC Update