macOS Monterey Beta 10 is now available for Developers.
Monterey final release prediction.
Monterey Release Candidate right after the October 18th Event. This will protect the new MBPro specific information contained in the RC installer until after the announcement. We could see the public release between Oct 19-21st.
- NEW MacBook Pro EVENT!!! October 18th 12:00 PM CST
- Beta 10 is now available as a Delta update & M1 IPSW Restore File
Public BetaTODAY! & Full Installer (tomorrow)
- Safari favorites bar is now positioned between the url bar and your tabs.
- Universal Control = NEWS! – New (Beta) Universal Control settings! (click the advanced button in system preferences > display) The setting is not working right now from what I can tell. The change is not mentioned in the Beta 10 patch notes. The checkmark box can’t be selected. If you run the old FeatureFlags workaround the box can be selected but the feature still does not seem to work.
Full list of Apple Beta releases.
- iOS 15.1 (Beta 4) 19B5068a
- iPadOS 15.1 (Beta 4) 19B5068a
- watchOS 8.1 (Beta 4) 19R5566a
- tvOS 15.1 (Beta 4) 19J5567a
- audioOS 5.1 (Beta 4) 19J5567a
- Big Sur 11.6.1 RC (20G214 –> 20G219)
- Catalina 2021-007 Security Update Beta
macOS Monterey Beta Patch Notes Summary
- 1. Enterprise – 0
- 2. New Features – 0
- 3. Known Issues – 1
- 4. Resolved Issues – 0
- 5. Deprecations – 0
- 6. Undocumented Fixes – 0
- 7. Undocumented New Features – 1
Table of Contents
- 1. Apple Links
- 2. Mr. Macintosh articles of interest for Apple Silicon & macOS Monterey
- 3. Undocumented macOS Monterey Beta Update changes & fixes
- 4. Monterey Release History
- 5. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
- 6. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
- 7. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
- 8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
- 9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
- 10. Safari Update
- 11. What’s new for enterprise in macOS Monterey
- 12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
- 13. macOS Monterey Release Notes / Patch Notes / Changes
Click “Continue Reading” for the rest of the article.
1. Apple Links
AppleSeed Notes Link = appleseed.apple.com/
Developer Public Link = developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes
macOS Deployment References Changes – https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-macos/document-revision-history-apd04dff7069/web
2. Articles of interest & info related to macOS Monterey Beta
- 1. SharePlay has been delayed until after public launch.
3. Undocumented macOS Monterey changes & fixes
4. Monterey Beta Release History
5. macOS Monterey Full Installer.app
I list all the the Beta versions of the macOS Monterey Full installer in the link below. The full installer is usually released alongside the Public Beta. The public beta is usually released a day or 2 after the developer update.
NOTE: Apple is only keeping the current version of the Monterey Beta Full installer available. When a new one is released, the previous version is pulled.
- 10. Monterey Beta 10 = NA yet
- 9. Monterey Beta 9 = 10/12/21
- 8. Monterey Beta 8 = 9/29/21
- 7. Monterey Beta 7 = 9/22/21
- 6. Monterey Beta 6 = 8/31/21
- 5. Monterey Beta 5 = 8/10/21
- 4. Monterey Beta 4 = 7/27/21
- 3. Monterey Beta 3 = 7/14/21
- 2. Monterey Beta 2 = 6/29/21
- 1. Monterey Beta 1 = 6/15/21
InstallAssistant.pkg = Full download. Installing this package will add the full “Install macOS Monterey.app” to your applications folder.
6. Apple Silicon IPSW Restore file Update
Apple has released the full IPSW restore file of macOS Monterey Beta for Apple Silicon Macs. I keep track of all of them in my Apple Silicon Firmware Database
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5552a_Restore.ipsw
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5543b_Restore.ipsw
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5534d_Restore.ipsw
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5522h_Restore.ipsw
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5506j_Restore.ipsw
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5304g_Restore.ipsw
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5294g_Restore.ipsw
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5284e_Restore.ipsw
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = UniversalMac_12.0_21A5268h_Restore.ipsw
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = Not released
7. macOS Monterey Update sizes for Intel and M1
Monterey Delta Update
This is the update is for updating from Beta 9 > Beta 10
1. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 9 = 1.6 GB
2. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 8 = 2.0 GB
3. Update from macOS Monterey 12 Beta 7 = 2.1 GB
Thank you DhinakG
Monterey Combo Update
The “Combo Update” has been replaced by an automatic sized update. This means if you are updating from an older beta (example Beta 2) you will get an update that includes only what you need.
Monterey Full Update
This is update is for if your volume is having issues or is not sealed.
Size = 11.0GB
8. Apple Silicon M1 Firmware Update
This update has a new firmware update. The version number is reported in System Information under “System Firmware Version“
Apple Silicon M1 Firmware – Update = 7429.41.4
Previous M1 Apple Silicon Firmware Updates
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 7429.41.4
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 74220.127.116.11.5
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 7418.104.22.168.1
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = 7429.40.68
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = 7429.40.38
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = 7422.214.171.124.4
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = 74126.96.36.199.1
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = 74188.8.131.52.1
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = 74184.108.40.206.1
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = 74220.127.116.11.3
9. Intel T2 BridgeOS Update
The Version of BridgeOS for your T2 Security Chip (2018-2020 Intel Macs) was updated.
BridgeOS version – Update = 19.16.10547.5.1
Previous T2 Bridge Updates
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 19.16.10547.5.1
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 19.16.10542.5.1
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 19.16.10534.5.4
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = 19.16.10522.5.4
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = 19.16.10506.5.1
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = 19.16.10321.5.5
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = 19.16.10310.5.5
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = 19.16.10300.5.4
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = 19.16.10284.5.7
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = 19.16.10264.5.14
10. Safari Update
The new version of Safar 15 is included in the macOS Monterey Beta update.
Safari – Update = 15.1 (17618.104.22.168.6)
- 10. macOS Monterey Beta 10 = 15.1 (17622.214.171.124.6)
- 9. macOS Monterey Beta 9 = 15.1 (176126.96.36.199.1)
- 8. macOS Monterey Beta 8 = 15.1 = (176188.8.131.52.1)
- 7. macOS Monterey Beta 7 = Safari 15.0 (176184.108.40.206.2)
- 6. macOS Monterey Beta 6 = Safari 15.0 (176220.127.116.11)
- 5. macOS Monterey Beta 5 = Safari 15.0 (17618.104.22.168.3)
- 4. macOS Monterey Beta 4 = Safari 15.0 (17622.214.171.124.4)
- 3. macOS Monterey Beta 3 = Safari 15.0 = (176126.96.36.199.4)
- 2. macOS Monterey Beta 2 = Safari 15.0 (176188.8.131.52.3)
- 1. macOS Monterey Beta 1 = Safari 15.0 (176184.108.40.206.14)
11. What’s new for Enterprise in macOS Monterey Beta
Enterprise changes in macOS Monterey Beta
12. Security Content of macOS Monterey
macOS Monterey Security Document
13. macOS Monterey Beta Release Notes
NOTE! I remove all the release note parts that do NOT pertain to Beta 10.
This will help you see only the new changes each update.
The macOS 12 SDK provides support to develop apps for Mac computers running macOS Monterey 12 beta 10. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 13 beta 5, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13, see Xcode 13 Release Notes.
See AppKit Release Notes for macOS Monterey 12 Beta.
There might be issues with wakeup when dual monitors are connected. (79839446)
Workaround: Connect the power adapter that came with the Mac.
NSExpression will immediately forbid certain operations that have significant side effects like creating and destroying objects. Additionally, casting string class names into Class objects with NSConstantValueExpression` is deprecated. (84017178)
Workaround: Pass temporary objects to NSExpression in the context parameter of expressionValueWithObject:context:, or with NSPredicate the substitutionVariables parameter of evaluateWithObject:substitutionVariables:. You can create a derived predicate with all the substitution variables replaced (bound) using withSubstitutionVariables(_:) on an existing NSPredicate so that code using the object can continue to use a simple evaluate(with object: Any?) invocation.
The system doesn’t allow notifications to break through a Focus, even if “Allow time sensitive notifications” is selected. (80998661)
Legacy Contacts has been removed from macOS Monterey 12 beta 5 and will return in a future release. (81292890)
Custom Email Domain addresses with delimiters like “+” or “-” can’t be configured. (82425376)
Custom Email Domain addresses that are associated with a separate iTunes account can’t be configured. (82358431)
Some accounts may not yet be eligible for Custom Email Domain. (82421769)
Language & Region
Certain languages might display unlocalized text. (78476984)
Certain languages might exhibit clipped or misaligned layout. (78477103)
Setting the title color of a UIButton doesn’t work regardless of whether you use baseForegroundColor or titleColorForState:. (76566253)
System buttons have a black background color if no color is set. (76910619)
Workaround: Set a color, or if you want the system default color, request a button using the iOS 14 and Mac Catalyst 15 or earlier API: buttonWithType:.
MKPinAnnotationView and MapPin are deprecated in this beta. (78536295)
Rounded building corners might disappear. (80468151)
Support for cleartext HTTP URL schemes for Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) is now deprecated. Use only HTTPS URL schemes for PAC. This affects all PAC configurations, including, but not limited to, configurations set via Settings, System Preferences, profiles, and URLSession APIs such as connectionProxyDictionary and CFNetworkExecuteProxyAutoConfigurationURL(::::). If you configure a cleartext HTTP PAC URL, the system may upgrade it to HTTPS during PAC file loads. Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) Protocol via DNS isn’t affected. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Option 252 WPAD may attempt to upgrade cleartext HTTP URLs to HTTPS during PAC file loads. (61981845)
If an app uses Python 2.7, macOS now triggers an alert indicating that the developer must update the app to ensure it will work in future versions of macOS. (80221011)
The StreamingInput init on PhotogrammetrySession isn’t supported. (78838906)
Safari toolbar vibrancy and background color might adversely affect the legibility of tab buttons in the tab bar. (80417925)
SharePlay development in macOS Monterey beta 6 and upcoming beta releases requires the installation of an updated SharePlay Development Profile. This profile enables successful creation and reception of GroupSessions via the Group Activities API in iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and tvOS 15 beta 7, as well as macOS Monterey beta 6. (81900143)
Applications linking to RealityKit with the iOS 15 or macOS 12 SDKs will fail to launch on a previous OS. (79584511)
Workaround: Add OTHER_LD_FLAGS = -weak_framework RealityFoundation to your Xcode Project settings to allow running RealityKit apps on an older OS.
controlProminence is deprecated. Use the new .borderedProminent ButtonStyle instead. (78908460)
Fn (Function) shortcut modifier is deprecated and reserved for system usage. (78627099)
While watching a video in full-screen view in the Apple TV App or the Music App, you can’t exit full-screen view using the onscreen UI. (81598611, 81195781)
Workaround: Press the escape key to exit full screen.
Xcode 12.5.1 won’t launch on macOS Monterey. (81520413)
Workaround: Update to Xcode 13 to continue developing on macOS Monterey.
Monterey Beta 10 Update